In particular, white button mushrooms are one of the few non-animal sources of Vitamin D. When they are grown, whether indoors or outdoor, they are exposed to UV light which increases their concentration of Vitamin D.
- A dash of olive oil/rapeseed oil
- A punnet of fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of parsley
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- A sprinkle of Chilli Pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon of Half Fat Crème Fraîche
- A sprinkle of salt and pepper
Cook all but the crème fraîche using a dash of olive oil/rapeseed oil in a pan on a low heat. Then add the Crème Fraîche to create a tasty stroganoff.